This position serves as the day-to-day operations and program administrator for one of Bluffton Self Help’s four Learning and Literacy Centers. Candidate must be bilingual (Spanish/English), customer-focused, data-driven, organized, and results-oriented. He/she must also believe and exemplify and have passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission, vision, and values. The Manager will oversee and coordinate resources, workshops, and overall operations of The Center. This includes coordination of ESL and GED classes, Computer Lab, Workforce Readiness, and other resources offered. They will work closely with clients and students to help access and identify resources needed for success, ensure classes are staffed with volunteer tutors, and build solid relationships with both students and tutors. They will provide leadership and support to community agencies and organizations to further the mission of Bluffton Self Help. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the issues, community needs, and existing systems of care. He/she must also be able to effectively articulate Bluffton Self Help’s mission, vision, and program details to multiple audiences to affect community action.
• Serve as a representative of BSH supporting community collaboration with The Learning & Literacy Center.
• Reflect the agency’s mission and values in a professional style and personal actions and maintain knowledge of current (and evolving) BSH programs and services.
• Provide administrative oversight for the Center including tracking client and student visits, student attendance, pre- and post-testing, registration, reporting competencies and educational gains.
• Assist neighbors with computer use and digital literacy tools, resume building, job search, and other resources.
• Coordinate all Center workshops, classes, and trainings.
• Apply strategic thinking and a solution-oriented focus for your role; anticipate and/or identify opportunities for our clients/students and our team.
• Collaboratively work with the Director of Education and Learning & Literacy team members to implement action plans to improve our advocacy program and meet the organization’s strategic goals.
• Observe the effectiveness of services provided for clients and advocate or assist in the development of new services as needed.
• Provide emotional support with goal, career, and or education planning using BSH’s holistic approach to self-sufficiency. Participate in internal and external committees to gain and maintain community awareness and relationships. Attend and assist with job fairs and community events.
• Participate in community and civic activities to increase networking and public awareness of Bluffton Self Help’s Learning & Literacy Centers. Serve as a point of contact for community engagement while implementing initiatives.
• Provide the “ideal experience” for the community by promptly handling inquiries and regularly communicating the community impact of the center.
• Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish. Proficiency in both languages must include written and oral communication.
• The ideal candidate has a minimum of five years client-facing experience, non-profit and/or case management experience a plus.
• Degree in education, social work, human services, or related field.
• An understanding of and passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission and vision.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and database applications.
• Display effective leadership among clients, staff, volunteers, and donors.
• Must possess strong project management and time management skills, interpersonal skills, positive relationship building internally and externally.
• Must have a high level of work ethic, urgency, and transparency.
• Willingness to travel to/from BSH locations.
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
• Seek out and be open to feedback.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office, and classroom setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, textbooks, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Center hours during each semester are Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. This role requires two nights of evening coverage and occasional weekend hours.
This job/position description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.