Ways To Give
Whether you are interested in giving a one-time donation or planned giving – we appreciate each and every donation that comes through our doors and changes the lives of our community members every day.
Annual or Monthly Giving
Because of the kindness and generosity of our community, we were able to empower more, educate more, and change more lives than ever before.
It takes a community to create change.
You may make a one-time, annual, or recurring donation to Bluffton Self Help.
Your gift of any amount can help our neighbors in need put food on the table, earn an education and receive resources to move from surviving to thriving. More importantly, it can give them the tools and confidence to build a brighter future.
Carry out our mission every day and make a big impact all year round. Monthly giving is the most convenient and effective way to provide consistent help to Lowcountry communities.
GIVE IN HONOR
Commemorate a milestone or honor a loved one by making a gift in their name. A gift of kindness. A gift that keeps giving.
Host a Drive
Rally the community, your co-workers or family to give back by hosting a food or fund drive.
Ida Martin Society
Make a gift that keeps on giving for generations to come.
Having a will is a way to create a secure future for your loved ones and have the confidence that your property will pass to its intended beneficiaries — including the charities you support. A charitable bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make, permitting you to leave a lasting legacy while providing valuable tax savings.
Simple Steps For Giving a Gift of Securities
Bluffton Self Help can provide you with the name of our brokerage firm, the brokerage firm’s DTC number, the account name and number, and the telephone number and name of our broker contact at the firm.
Start your stock donation to Bluffton Self Help by calling or emailing our Chief Executive Officer, Courtney Hampson 843-757-8000, email@example.com. Or complete the form at the link below.
IRA Charitable Rollover Giving
If you are 70½ or older, you can use your IRA to fulfill your charitable goals. Contact your IRA custodian and make a qualified charitable distribution. We will acknowledge your generous gifts as a qualified charitable distribution, which may satisfy your RMD, if applicable.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us by calling or emailing our Chief Executive Officer, Courtney Hampson 843-757-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Become a Sponsor
Sips & Seafood
Become a Sips & Seafood Party sponsor, our only annual fundraising event that provides vital funds to further our mission and help neighbors on their path to success.
Most Needed Items
Support Bluffton Self Help’s mission by donating our current most needed items.
Shop to Give
There are a number of ways to support Bluffton Self Help. Learn more about the various opportunities for you to give back while buying the things you need anyway.
Kroger Community Rewards program makes fundraising easy by donating to local organizations based on the shopping you do every day. Once you link your Card to an organization, all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Shopper’s Card. Visit Kroger.com to get started and link your account to Bluffton Self Help.
You may donate online at www.blufftonselfhelp.org./donate-form or you may mail in a check to PO Box 2420 Bluffton, SC 29910
We do not accept expired or opened food. Any non-perishables, produce, milk, meat or frozen food we will accept. We also accept hygiene items and cleaning products. We are unable to accept household goods including any furniture or appliances.
Monday – Friday 10am-3pm. Pull around the back of the building and ring the doorbell.
We accept gently worn or new children’s clothing, new shoes ONLY, and business professional or workwear for adults. No casual wear, please.
Below are some guidelines for our clothing closet:
– Lightweight Jackets/Blazers
– Children’s Clothing of All Kinds (no undergarments)
– School Uniforms – Solid polos, khaki, navy or black bottoms
– Adult Clothing: Blouses/Tops, Buttondowns, Golf Shirts, Cardigans, Light Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts, – Jeans, Slacks, Shorts, Khakis, Pantsuits, Blazers Inseams must be 6″ or longer.
– New shoes in a box or shoes that look like they came from the store (like new – no scuffs or indicators the shoes have been worn).
- Clothing must be laundered in order to be distributed.
- No rips or tears (even if the item was made this way), missing buttons, missing zippers, stinky or stained clothing.
- Keep the season in mind. We typically do not distribute super heavy clothing at BSH, because it is not useful for those in our area (Heavy Coats/Wool Sweaters). We don’t store/distribute winter clothing in the summer and we don’t store/distribute summer clothing in winter.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT
– Cocktail/semi-formal or formal attire. No wedding dresses
– Miniskirts, short shorts.
– Logos or graphic t-shirts/sweatshirts (unless logo is 2″ in size or smaller)
– Used shoes
– Accessories, purses, ties, belts (we just don’t have the space)
– Undergarments, socks, tights, stockings.
– Athletic wear/loungewear and no swimwear or pjs/bathrobes
– Household linens (towels, bedding, decor)
Please check out our social media for most needed items and reach out to email@example.com for more information.