The role of the Marketing Manager is to manage the marketing and communications function of Bluffton Self Help (BSH). This includes planning and overseeing all the organization’s marketing including content ideation, design, and execution across all communication channels to include print collateral, earned and social media, website, and eblasts. This position works closely with the Development Director and Development Specialist in all development and marketing efforts. The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Development Director and will support the organization’s mission by performing the following responsibilities:
• Work within the operating plan to achieve BSH’s fundraising goals and support Basic Needs and Education programs expansion/development through multi-channel marketing assets and execution.
• Develop and evolve content for print and digital platforms to include blufftonselfhelp.org, social media channels, email campaigns, annual campaigns, program collateral, and events.
• Track and report marketing dashboard data points and trends.
• Develop innovative ways to reach all audiences to include the use of technology, community outreach, and traditional marketing channels. Identify opportunities to grow and maintain consistent reach and awareness.
• Serve as the clearinghouse/editor for internal and external communications for BSH.
• Manage all aspects of the BSH brand including logo usage and key messages.
• Create newsletters, annual/donor appeals, impact reports, and communication to all constituents.
• Create news releases and internal and external communication pieces.
• Develop and maintain personal contact with key media influencers.
• Work with the Development Director to ensure we meet all sponsorship/corporate/foundation partner marketing requirements.
• Coordinate with external partners and BSH team to evaluate and participate in third-party events that provide sound ROI.
• Assist with coordination of event logistics including committee meetings, auction items and volunteer coordination.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Interest in and commitment to Bluffton Self Help’s mission.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, or communications required.
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary.
• Confident in public speaking.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain relationships.
• Strong project management and organization skills with “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
• Seek out and be open to feedback.
• Good technical understanding, ability to pick up new tools quickly.
• High level of technical proficiency in Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Flexible and able to problem solve and reason.
• Independent thinker and self-starter.
• High level of clerical skill both in speed and accuracy.
• At least five years of non-profit experience preferred.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however some evenings and weekends will be required.
Travel among Bluffton Self Help locations, to/from vendor locations.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a portfolio including writing samples to email@example.com.