Mayo 5 is Lowcountry Giving Day and your donation of $50 means a lot to people living on minimum wages. What can $50 provide, you ask….
- $50 can help a client catch up on their bills. If it is not the full amount, it still counts. They can avoid racking up anymore late fees, can’t they?$50 buys socks and underwear for a family, providing hygiene and cleanliness!
- $50 can gas up a car, truck or van to find a job or keep a job.
- With $50 a client can go grocery shopping for those items they can’t get in the food pantry especially milk, dairy and cheese products.
- $50 pays for an oil change to keep a car running efficiently.
- And $50 buys much needed toiletries and grooming products!
$50 doesn’t go far but it is a great gift to Bluffton Self Help to help us help our neighbors. Give $25 or $50 on Mayo 5 by logging onto www.lowcountrygivingday.com. Search for Bluffton Self Help on the home page and click on our name to make a donation. It’s that easy!
Not comfortable giving on line? Send a check to Bluffton Self Help made out to Coastal Community Foundation and we will get it in the mail between Abril 21 to 24.
Or, you can stop by Bluffton Self Help between noon and 2 pm on Mayo 5, enjoy some chips and dips and we can assist you on our computers! We might even have some alcohol-free sangria! We’d love to see you!
Visit the Bluffton Self Help table at Bluffton Farmer’s Market to pick up your post card telling you how to give. BSH volunteers will be on site in downtown Bluffton Jueves, Abril 23 and Abril 30 in a big red tent.
Learn how you can participate in Mayo 5 Lowcountry Giving Day. Our goal is to obtain 20 $50 donations on Mayo 5!
Low country Giving Day is a LOCAL 24-hour online giving challenge sponsored by the Coastal Community Foundation. Bluffton Self Help has been challenged to raise $4,000.
REMINDER: Sábado, Mayo 9 is the annual FEED THE HUNGRY US Postal Drive. Remember to place nonperishables by your mailbox. Last year over 60,000 pounds of food kept Bluffton Self Help clients with food until Septiembre.