Take your career on a Mission!
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier agency in the area that attends to the immediate needs of Bluffton residents?
Our staff and volunteers love Bluffton Self Help because it provides people in crisis with immediate help… food, clothing and financial assistance. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of our area neighbors in need.
Beginning March 1, Bluffton Self Help (BSH) is seeking a well-qualified, experienced, committed, visionary leader to fill the position of Executive Director. This position provides a unique opportunity to work in an organization dedicated to the education and support of our local neighbors in need.
The BSH Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial goals. This a full-time position requiring occasional evening and weekend work. Key responsibilities include:
* Exhibit a passion for and dedication to the advancement of the BSH vision, mission and values, as well as oversee implementation and communication of mission to the community
* Act as a spokesperson and advocate and represent BSH at community activities
* Cultivate shared leadership, decision-making and positive relationships between board, staff and organization stakeholders
* Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting Board’s evaluation of the Executive Director
FUNDRAISING and COMMUNITY RELATIONS
* Provide strategic leadership in development efforts including donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition of individual, corporate, government and foundation donors
* Oversees fundraising and grant seeking activities, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administering fundraising records and documentation
* Build long-term relationships with stakeholders
* Identify changes or trends in the community served by the organization
* Engage the board of directors in fundraising activities
* Ensure the organization has diverse staff and volunteers with skills appropriate to the needs of each position through effective hiring, ongoing professional development, performance management, and fair compensation and benefits
* Cultivate a positive climate that invites diverse participation, and attracts top-quality staff and volunteers
* Ensure that BSH has a sound organizational structure that is aligned with the strategic plan
* Ensure that BSH is in compliance with all applicable laws
* Directly supervise all staff positions
OPERATIONS and FISCAL OVERSIGHT
* Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
* Oversee the development and implementation of staff and board work plans that are aligned with BSH’s strategic direction
* Analyze financial data and trends and bring the budget to life for board members
* Oversee the maintenance of BSH’s financial records, policies and procedures
* Oversee the appropriate filing of all State and Federal documents to assure all areas of compliance are met
PROGRAM and SERVICE DELIVERY
* Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
* Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders and the community at large
* Assures that the services values of BSH are demonstrated in all activities directed and administered by the position
* Assure that goals and objectives are aligned with BSH’s overall strategic plan
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated commitment to BSH’s mission, vision and values. S/he will also bring a variety of experiences and attributes, including:
* Three or more years leading a non-profit organization of comparable size and scope to BSH or a demonstrated combination of for-profit experience combined with nonprofit leadership experience
* Inspirational leadership and collaborative work style
* Ability to connect and develop relationships with diverse groups of people
* Development prowess including: proven history of raising funds and stewarding individuals, government, corporations and foundations
* Having a current network of community contacts
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including openness to feedback, ability to listen deeply and cross cultural communication skills
* Openness to new ideas and willingness to try new ways of doing things
* Bilingual skills preferred, but not required
The application deadline is March 15. Please respond to email@example.com with
• A cover letter telling us why you feel particularly suited for this
• Your current resume
• Your completed application, which you can download here.
When you join Bluffton Self Help, you can expect a compensation package commensurate with your qualifications, experience and potential value to our organization.