David Weekley Homes to Double Event Proceeds…
“Last call” for you and your family to help Bluffton Self Help by participating in a very unique and fun opportunity this Saturday, September 29 at BALA-award winning Hampton Lake (located in Bluffton off the Bluffton Parkway extension between Highway 170 and Buckwalter Parkway).
All proceeds from this year’s 5th Annual Hampton Lake-David Weekley Homes “Tiger Bass Series” benefit Bluffton Self Help and will be personally matched by Mr. David Weekley. This year’s expanded activities include something for everyone and features the following events:
· 1 Mile Fun Run / Walk
· 5K Road Race
· 12K Cross Country Race
· “B.Y.O.B” (Bring Your Own Boat!) team fishing tournament
The 1 Mile, 5K and 12K events will be held within the beautiful private gated Hampton Lake Community starting and finishing at the Lakeside Amenity Village Circle. The 12k (7.5 miles) will take place along scenic lake and wooded trails combined with roads. The 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk will be a flat and wooded road course. The 12K and 5K events are chip timed by Palmetto Running Company.
Date: Saturday, September 29th – rain or shine!
Location: Hampton Lake’s Amenity Village, Bluffton
· Fishing Tournament: 7:00 am
· 12K and 5K races: 9:00 am
One Mile Fun/Run (note: the time for the fun/run has been changed)
· 1 Mile Fun Run / Walk: 9:05 am (not 10:15 as reported earlier)
· Music , raffle prizes, food, drink, sports gear, running age group awards, fishing tournaments prizes, sponsor tables, poolside Tower Bar open
· 12K and 5K: $30 pre-event, $35 day-of. T-shirt included in price.
· 1 Mile Fun Run / Walk: $15 (children 12 and under free). T-shirts available for purchase.
· Fishing Tournament (9 teams left): $75 per two man team.
Pre-event registration for the 12K, 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run / Walk is available thru Thursday, September 27 at noon at www.palmettorunningco.com or by contacting Catherine Guscio by email or at 843 836 7463. Event day registration for the 12K and 5K will be from 7:00 am to 8:15 am; event day registration for the 1 Mile Fun Run / Walk will be available from 7:00 am until 9:30 am.
Registration for the Fishing Tournament can be made by contacting Chris Collins at email@example.com or at 678 410 9006 prior to 5pm Friday, September 28.
Please come out and enjoy the fun and beautiful scenery of Hampton Lake!