This position provides administrative support for Bluffton Self Help’s Learning and Literacy Centers. The ideal candidate is customer focused, data-driven, organized and results-oriented. He/she must also believe and exemplify and have passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission, vision, and values.
- Welcomes visitors and provides initial intake for all inquiries, ensuring our neighbors get the appropriate direction and support.
- Serves as the point of contact with enrolled students, following up when students miss appointments, classes, or study sessions. Identifies potential problems affecting attendance and notifies a Center Manager.
- Offers students encouragement and support.
- Provides information about programs and refers students to other BSH sites and programs if necessary.
- Provides technical assistance to students and tutors using computerized programs. Oversees sign-in procedures and prepares monthly traffic reports.
- Provides general administrative support to management staff.
- Assists in the orientation, registration, and placement of prospective students and tutors, including those using computerized, self-study programs.
- Assists in supporting the vision and culture of BSH.
- Preparing classrooms before classes and breaking down classrooms at the end of classes. Closing and locking up the building after classes.
- Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish. Proficiency in both languages must include written and oral communication.
- Willingness to travel to/from BSH locations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manners.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and a result – oriented work process.
- Professional demeanor, integrity, tact, and good judgement.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Interest in and commitment to Bluffton Self Help’s mission.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office, and classroom setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, textbooks, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Center hours during each semester are Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. This role requires two nights of evening coverage and occasional weekend hours.
This job/position description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.