Job Status: Full-Time 8:30 – 4:30 Monday – Friday (some evenings and weekends)
Job Classification: Exempt Salary
Reports to: Director of Basic Needs Programs
The Basic Needs Programs Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and
operational support to the Basic Needs Team including the Market, the Resource Hub, and the
volunteer program. This role is a forward-facing position, and the candidate must have a
professional appearance and friendly demeanor. Strong written communication skills,
interpersonal communications along with great attention to detail are necessary in this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Support The Market operations daily, including supervising distributions and providing
direction and feedback to volunteers.
– Participate in and lead, when necessary, daily shift meetings with volunteers.
– Remain up to date on organization operating times and programs to be able to assist
clients when receiving calls, walk-ins, or inquiries about services.
– Proficient knowledge of The Hub processes to provide support when required.
– Maintain stock for all printed materials for donors, neighbors, and volunteers in the
Market and Warehouse. Ensure tidiness and current relevance of BSH Market Bulletin
– Understand organizational needs to anticipate and plan for volunteer schedules daily
(Market) and special volunteer needs such as to Stock the Market, school supplies, and
– Assist with onboarding of volunteers serving in The Market and Hub.
– Collaborate with the program managers and volunteer manager to provide content for
the weekly volunteer message.
– Understand basic needs data points and be able to provide department reporting.
– Complete other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
– Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
– Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
– Strong ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
– Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manners.
– Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and a results oriented work process.
– Candidate must be able to take initiative and have a sense of urgency to accomplish
– Have strong interpersonal skills to work with a dynamic group ranging from staff,
volunteers, clients, donors, and board members.
– Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
Send you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org