We accept gently worn or new children’s clothing, new shoes ONLY, and business professional or workwear for adults. No casual wear, please.
Below are some guidelines for our clothing closet:
– Lightweight Jackets/Blazers
– Children’s Clothing of All Kinds (no undergarments)
– School Uniforms – Solid polos, khaki, navy or black bottoms
– Adult Clothing: Blouses/Tops, Buttondowns, Golf Shirts, Cardigans, Light Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts, – Jeans, Slacks, Shorts, Khakis, Pantsuits, Blazers Inseams must be 6″ or longer.
– New shoes in a box or shoes that look like they came from the store (like new – no scuffs or indicators the shoes have been worn).
- Clothing must be laundered in order to be distributed.
- No rips or tears (even if the item was made this way), missing buttons, missing zippers, stinky or stained clothing.
- Keep the season in mind. We typically do not distribute super heavy clothing at BSH, because it is not useful for those in our area (Heavy Coats/Wool Sweaters). We don’t store/distribute winter clothing in the summer and we don’t store/distribute summer clothing in winter.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT
– Cocktail/semi-formal or formal attire. No wedding dresses
– Miniskirts, short shorts.
– Logos or graphic t-shirts/sweatshirts (unless logo is 2″ in size or smaller)
– Used shoes
– Accessories, purses, ties, belts (we just don’t have the space)
– Undergarments, socks, tights, stockings.
– Athletic wear/loungewear and no swimwear or pjs/bathrobes
– Household linens (towels, bedding, decor)