The Administrative and Donor Support Specialist’s primary responsibilities are to provide administrative support to the CEO and Development Director. Their strong leadership and problem-solving skills will assist with the daily operations of Bluffton Self Help. Additionally, they are responsible for the daily financial record keeping in the donor software, Kindful, and donor acknowledgments. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of urgency, strong organizational skills, a keen eye, and attention to detail. They must demonstrate strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Job duties include but are not limited to the following as well as other special projects and initiatives as may be assigned by the CEO to meet the needs of the organization.
• Provide general organization administration including checking/sorting all incoming mail (accounts receivable and payable), record keeping, copies and backup.
• Attend and take accurate notes at all board and committee meetings, with appropriate filing and signatures, and prepare meeting minutes. Prepare committee and board meeting materials including copies of agendas and supporting documents.
• Immerse yourself in organizational mission and operations, understand organizational needs, and manage the logistics of team meetings, quarterly retreats, trainings, celebrations, etc.
• Communicate daily with CEO and staff on upcoming events, meetings and other issues that may arise.
• Act as central communication for staff to provide input and feedback.
• Support CEO and managers with HR tasks including new employee onboarding.
• Serve as liaison with key vendors and partners, including accounting firm, IT firm, security provider, cleaning services, utilities, etc.
• Provide daily support to the Development Director, as it relates to donor data entry,
acknowledgments, recognition, and stewardship.
• Enter all donor transactions in Kindful, within 48 hours of receipt.
• Ensure all donor acknowledgment is completed within 48 hours of receiving the donation and reflected in donor record.
• Ensure tracking of all donation sources via in-person, mail, or online.
• Ensure compliance with donation processing and acknowledgment SOPs.
• Track incoming deposits from third-party processors to ensure proper donor acknowledgment.
• Support the Development Director in the planning, implementation and day-of logistics for events to include Donor Appreciation, CEO lunches, partner events, and the annual Sips & Seafood event.
• Provide tracking, reporting, support and coordination for grant programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENT
• Strong knowledge of fund development and/or case management software – minimum 2 years.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Reliable and organized.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Self-motivated; ability to prioritize.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Financial Management.
• Ethical Conduct.
• Ability to work effectively as a team or independently with limited supervision.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc. However, providing support in BSH’s multiple locations may be necessary, including The Market, Resource Hub, Learning and Literacy Centers, as well as event planning and
Based on the environment and tasks, this role could be physical and require the lifting of boxes and bags.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Travel among Bluffton Self Help locations, to/from the Bluffton Post Office, and vendor locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent plus three to five year’s previous experience. Employee must be able to take initiative and have a sense of urgency to accomplish tasks. Have strong interpersonal skills to work with a dynamic group ranging from staff, volunteers, clients, and board members. Must be solution-oriented and work independently with little direction.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.