Bluffton Self Help is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Intern for the Summer of 2022 to support the organizations robust objectives and initiatives. In this role, you’ll work across all functions of operations to building your non-profit skills as well as learn from non-profit leaders in development, marketing, and program management. You’ll have the opportunity to get hands-on experience in addition to build your professional portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this position is a quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude – someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done right. This person is a skilled writer, enjoys client-facing interactions and has a knack for data collection and reporting, as well as detail-oriented and timeline-driven.
• Develop client-satisfaction and volunteer-satisfaction survey tools to be utilized across all program areas.
• Develop (write and edit) social media content campaigns for multiple Bluffton Self Help events, audiences and social channels.
• Contribute to the Bluffton Self Help newsletters.
• Support event outreach efforts for Sips and Seafood, assist with coordination of event logistics including committee meetings, auction items and volunteer coordination.
• Support program operations teams across Basic Needs and Education programs.
• Attend bi-monthly team meeting.
• Provide general administrative support to the Executive Admin and other designated members of the organization, with correspondence, phone calls and general office work.
• Be up to date on all operating times and programs to be able to assist clients when receiving calls or inquiries about services.
• Sort incoming mail and ensure all documents are addressed upon receipt.
• Understand the needs of the day to provide support to all staff as necessary.
• Respond to general questions and requests for information about Bluffton Self Help programs and process.
• Support donor database accurately tracking personal data, donations and correspondence.
• Perform general administrative support.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
• Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
• Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and a results- oriented work process.
• Professional demeanor, integrity, tact, and good judgement.
• Dependable and punctual.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Interest in and commitment to Bluffton Self Help’s mission.
Required Education and Experience
• High school graduate and/or current college student.
• Must be able to take initiative and have a sense of urgency to accomplish tasks.
• Have strong interpersonal skills to work with a dynamic group ranging from staff, volunteers, clients and board members.
• Must be solution orientated and work independently with little direction.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in multiple settings – office, warehouse, classroom, etc. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
Must be able to lift 50 pound boxes and bags.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, Monday – Thursday; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Flexible schedule.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.