This position serves as the day-to-day operations and program administrator for the Learning and Literacy Center on Hilton Head Island, SC. Candidate must be customer focused, data-driven, organized, and results-oriented. He/she must also believe and exemplify and have passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission, vision and values. The Coordinator will oversee and coordinate resources, workshops, and overall operations of The Center. This includes coordination of ESL, GED, Computer Lab, Workforce Readiness and other resources offered. They will work closely with clients to help access and identify resources needed for success and ensure classes are staffed with volunteers. They will provide leadership and support to community agencies and organizations to further the mission of the program. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the issues, community needs, and existing systems of care related to the assigned impact and/or focus area. He/she must also be able to effectively articulate core standards, both verbally and in writing, to multiple audiences with the expressed purpose of raising public awareness of issues, educating donors and volunteers, convening community around issues and affecting community action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as a representative of BSH in the community, collaborating with strategic partners.
2. Provide general administrative duties such as tracking client visits, reporting competencies and educational gains.
3. Assist Bluffton neighbors with computer use, scanning, faxing, copying and other resources.
4. Coordinate all Center workshops, classes and trainings.
5. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
6. Perform data entry, prepare reports and scan documents into appropriate folders.
7. Schedule and coordinate meetings and manage calendar of events for Center.
8. Answer and direct phone calls.
9. Work with marketing to design flyers for programs and events.
10. Order, stock and maintain supplies and maintain general upkeep of Center.
11. Attend and assist with job fairs and community events.
12. Manage data efficiently and accurately.
13. Participate in internal and external committees to gain and maintain community awareness and relationships.
14. Participate in community and civic activities to increase networking and public awareness of Bluffton Self Help’s Learning & Literacy Centers.
15. Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote cooperation.
16. Serve as a point of contact for community engagement while implementing initiatives.
17. Provide the “ideal experience” for the community by promptly handling inquiries and regularly communicating the community impact of the center.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. however the Center is open until 8 p.m. These are general hours and can vary weekly depending on schedules, meeting and weekend events. This role has occasional night and weekend hours.
This job/position description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Join the Team | Evening Coordinator Duties: Welcomes visitors and answers all telephone calls. Responds to basic inquiries and directs other inquiries to appropriate staff person.Serves as a first contact…