The Bilingual Intake Specialist is the first point of contact for all client interactions for Bluffton Self Help – in-person, online and via phone. With the assistance of volunteers, the Intake Specialist helps our clients navigate the intake process, assembles the necessary forms and supporting documents, and connects our clients to the programs, services, and case manager they may need to support their path to success. The Intake Specialist works closely with BSH’s Client Advocates. As the face of BSH in The Resource Hub, the Bilingual Intake Specialist is well-versed in all BSH’s programs and services and acts as one of the case management system administrators.
• Reflect the agency’s mission and values in professional style and personal actions.
• Responsible for managing the day to day operations of The Resource Hub.
• Provide ongoing support to the client advocate team and intake volunteers.
• Maintain knowledge of programs and services within and outside of the organization.
• Applies strategic thinking for role; anticipates and/or identifies problems and opportunities for our clients and our team.
• Collaboratively work with the Director of Volunteers and Basic Needs Programs and the basic needs team to carry out tasks and strategic goals.
• Review all incoming Intake forms, answer all general and new client calls.
• Receiving and calling potential clients, supporting them with the intake process which can include paperwork, releases, and support with client advocate scheduling.
• Maintain and develop proficiency in utilizing BSH’s case management system, Caseworthy, and provide training and ongoing support for users.
• Provide training, coaching, and ongoing support to volunteers in the Resource Hub.
• Knowledge of how to check client’s eligibility and obtaining proper verification or prior authorizations.
• Knowledge and understanding of partner agencies and the collaborative role they play in BSH’s mission.
• Oversee and manage the Emergency Financial Assistance program at Bluffton Self Help.
• Tasks as assigned in a growing organization including special programs.
• Complete projects as assigned by CEO and the direct supervisor involving data collection and/or analysis.
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be bilingual in verbal and written communication (Spanish and English).
• The ideal candidate has client intake experience in a non-profit organization.
• Minimum five years of client-facing experience.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry
• Degree in social work, human services, or related field.
• An understanding of and passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission and vision.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications.
• A track record in effective project management.
• Effective leadership to staff, volunteers and donors.
• Must possess strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, and positive relationship building internally and externally.
• Must have a high level of work ethic, urgency and transparency.
• Seek out and be open to feedback.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday and Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.