BILINGUAL CLIENT ADVOCATE
The bilingual client advocate will work individually and within our team at BSH to build rapport with neighbors to effectively navigate their path from vulnerability to self-sufficiency. The bilingual advocate provides emotional and practical support in developing and implementing a plan forward to aid the neighbor’s pathway to success. Under the direction of the CEO and Director of Volunteers and Basic Needs Programs, the bilingual client advocate will provide direct assistance using BSH resources, information, and referral networks. The bilingual client advocate is well-versed in all of BSH’s programs and services as well as the available regional resources offered and available by/from partner organizations and agencies.
• Reflect the agency’s mission and values in a professional style and personal actions.
• Maintain knowledge of current (and changing) BSH programs and services.
• Apply strategic thinking and a solution-oriented focus for your role; anticipate and/or identify opportunities for our clients and our team.
• Collaboratively working with Director of Volunteers and Basic Needs Programs and the basic needs team to implement action plans to improve our advocacy program and meet the organization’s strategic goals.
• Maintain and develop proficiency in utilizing BSH’s case management system, Caseworthy, and maintain and record client notes, meetings, progress, and success stories in a timely manner. Track neighbors’ progress while evaluating additional needs.
• Observe the effectiveness of services provided for clients and advocate or assist in the development of new services as needed.
• Attend and participate in advocacy, training, and organization meetings both internally and externally.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with colleagues and other agencies.
• Aide in identifying neighbors’ needs using our intake process in-person meetings, and personality assessment.
• Provide emotional support with goal, career, and or education planning using BSH path to success model.
• Implement services while providing peer support, advocacy, and guided access to information and resource services.
• Tasks as assigned in a growing organization.
• Complete projects as assigned by CEO involving data collection and/or analysis.
• Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish. Proficiency in both languages must include written and oral communication.
• The ideal candidate has case management experience in a non-profit organization.
• Minimum five years of client-facing experience.
• Degree in social work, human services, or related field.
• An understanding of and passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission and vision.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications.
• Display effective leadership among staff, volunteers and donors.
• Must possess strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, positive relationship building internally and externally.
• Must have a high level of work ethic, urgency and transparency.
• Willingness to travel to/from BSH locations.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply