The Finance Director is a trusted business advisor to the CEO and responsible for the financial, insurance and compliance, IT, and human resource functions within the organization. The Finance Director manages and executes the recording, review, and analysis of all entries into financial (QuickBooks) and donor software (Kindful) and reconciles all bank and investment statements. Working with the CEO they will lead preparation of budgets and financial forecasts. They will prepare, verify and evaluate monthly financial statements, support statements, and accounting reports for the Executive Committee, Finance Committee, and Board of Directors. The Finance Director will be the lead on all Finance Committee meetings and attend and report at board meetings. This position must have experience in accounting and knowledge of nonprofit accounting rules. Job duties include but are not limited to the following as well as other duties and special projects as may be assigned by the CEO as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for the management and hands on execution of the day-to-day accounting including accounts payable and receivable, data entry, and reconciliation, following all Bluffton Self Help cash handling procedures to ensure checks and cash are deposited and recorded appropriately.
- Provide leadership, support, and backup for annual audit.
- Review all incoming donations including tracking restrictions.
- Prepare, verify, and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for management and monitoring agencies.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made.
- Perform daily reconciliation of point of sale revenues, tax liabilities, and cash/ charge receipts.
- Provide entries/approval for payroll to PEO system.
- Manage any cash banks (petty cash, cash drawers) at BSH locations and events.
- Manage credit card accounts, balance, payments, receipts and complete monthly reconciliation.
- Prepare and/ or supervise the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns, including coordination/preparation of annual 990 filing.
- Works with CEO and Treasurer to ensure nonprofit accounting rules are being followed.
- Review, manage and track all financial investments with financial investment firm (Raymond James).
- Communicate any and all discrepancies immediately to CEO.
- Ensure proper bookkeeping, accounting and tracking of all financial and in-kind revenue and expenses.
- Maintain knowledge of current (and changing) financial accounting principles.
- Assist with monthly data gathering, analysis, reporting, and review toward improved program outcomes. Complete projects as assigned by CEO involving data collection and/or analysis.
- Ensure that all business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and other licenses/ permits are current and properly maintained.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Review insurance policies on an ongoing basis to ensure they reflect the organization’s needs. Update, manage and track all organizational insurances including scheduling annual review and presentation from broker.
- Provide support and necessary paperwork/budget detail to satisfy grant requirements and reporting as needed.
- Oversee, develop, and lead the team through the annual budgeting process.
- Further develop Bluffton Self Helps HR policies, procedures, and onboarding process.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee technology resources, installations, and upgrades as necessary to include networks, software, hardware, and cyber security.
- Negotiate and oversee rental and leasing contracts.
- Solicit and evaluate bids for services as needed.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen human resources and IT functions.
- Ability to optimize the organization’s finance department operations and procedures by considering and implementing technological updates that make BSH more efficient through automation and digitization.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of operations and accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business, management.
- An understanding of and passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission and vision.
- Hands on proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in effective project and staff management.
- Effective leadership to staff, volunteers and donors.
- Must possess strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, positive relationship building internally and externally.
- Must have a high level of work ethic, urgency and transparency.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Lunes through Viernes, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel among Bluffton Self Help locations, to/from vendor locations.
Bluffton Self Help is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dejar una respuesta