Come join a fast-growing nonprofit in Bluffton as a Evening Coordinator. This part-time position serves as the evening support and admin for the Learning and Literacy Center. Positions are available in Bluffton, Hardeeville, and Hilton Head. Candidates must be customer focused, data-driven, organized and results-oriented. He/she must also believe and exemplify and have passion for Bluffton Self Help’s mission, vision and values.
• Welcomes visitors and answers all telephone calls. Responds to basic inquiries and directs other inquiries to appropriate staff person.
• Serves as a personal point of contact with enrolled evening students. Follows up when students miss appointments or study sessions. Identifies potential problems affecting attendance and notifies Program Manager.
• Offers students encouragement and support.
• Provides information about programs and refers students to other BSH sites and programs if necessary.
• Provides technical assistance to students using computerized programs. Oversees sign-in procedures and prepares weekly and monthly traffic reports.
• Provides general administrative support to program and management staff.
• Assists in the orientation, registration, and placement of prospective students and tutors, including those using computerized, self-study programs.
• Assists with program events such as Registration Day.
• Assists in supporting the vision and culture of BSH.
• Closing and locking up the building after classes.
• Preparing classrooms before classes and breaking down classrooms at the end of classes.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
• The typical schedule will be Monday-Thursday evenings from 3:30 – 8:30 p.m. Additional hours may be needed during orientation and registration.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
• Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Excellent time management skills, aptitude for proper task prioritization, and a results- oriented work process.
• Professional demeanor, integrity, tact, and good judgement.
• Dependable and punctual.
• Interest in and commitment to Bluffton Self Help’s mission.
Non Exempt Hourly
Monday to Friday | Weekend availability
Please email your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements to email@example.com.
Join the Team | Evening Coordinator Duties: Welcomes visitors and answers all telephone calls. Responds to basic inquiries and directs other inquiries to appropriate staff person.Serves as a first contact…